I've always been the artist type - fashion, drawing, anything creative. My attraction to photography was always there but I never really pursued it. A couple of years ago I caught my first glimpse of a digital slr camera in action and the images that it was capable of...the rest is history. When you can't imagine doing anything else than you know you are doing something right. I feel so fortunate to have found this artform that enhances my life and allows me to capture images that will enhance yours.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting There | Fredericksburg Virginia Lifestyle Photographer

I always knew that in order to be my happiest in life I would need to be doing something in the creative field. As a tiny child I dabbled in anything and everything artistic. At the age of 4 I was re-purposing my Barbie's clothing to make new fabulous items for her to wear. I've taken on painting, drawing, interior decorating, fashion and jewelry design, and dancing amongst some of my hobbies. But it wasn't until this past year when we purchased our first digital SLR camera that my creative passions seemed to be completely released. I'd always loved taking pictures and looking through our shoe boxes full of family photos. I'm a very sentimental person and have a tendency to want to hold onto silly things in an attempt to capture a piece of that moment forever. (And I have shoe boxes full of receipts, love notes, and movie stubs to prove it.) But being able to record all of the precious moments in my life and of those around me has proven to be a much less cluttered way of collecting memories and putting my creative brain to good use. I love every aspect of taking pictures. Every picture snapped is an opportunity to manifest an entirely new vision never before seen. Not to mention that I get to meet awesome new clients and photographers.

So as of today I feel like I am finally falling into my niche. I love what I'm doing and I love feeling so alive doing it! And best of all I get to share these experiences with the love of my life and my best friend along the way. He inspires me and encourages me to be the best me that I can be. (I know its corny, but its true. I love you Michael!)

Here's a picture I took the other day that just makes me feel happy.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome to be able to wake up and do what you love everyday? :)

    ReplyDelete